Friday, October 19, 2007

Goodbye, Torre...



photo taken from NYPost....

Well, the era has ended, and the dynasty is officially over.

Its a shame, really. This guy brings the Yankees to the postseason 12 times in a row, and it isn't good enough. The Yankee office looks like a bunch of bafoons, the way I see it.

$200 million in 2007 gave Torre a boatload of injuries, subpar pitching, a 45 yr old dinosaur, and at least one egomaniac who doesn't know the meaning of the word team. Those are the tools that Torre had to work with this year. The fact that the Yankees turned it around in the second half like they did, is deserving of Manager of the Year.

Hey, I'm not shedding any tears for the man. Torre, too, made a ton of money being a Yankee. $7 million this year alone. That's at least $6,9xx,xxx+ more than I made with my daytime job. But I do have a tremendous amount of respect for the guy, I think he is a proven ballclub leader, who presents himself with dignity and class.

Torre leaving is good for those people who do not root for the Yankees. You think things were messed up in '07? I have a feeling that this is going to be a long-term project.

Belly on up to the bar, Yankee fans. You guys are going to need a drink...

No comments: